In a year of wild uncertainty, it quickly became evident that libraries are not only relevant but essential. Your Fort Worth Public Library ranks among the best – having pivoted quickly to deliver BIG results. There have been many successes, new demands, and unexpected reasons to celebrate. For many months, your library led the way to support your community:
- Maximizing Access to at-home learning kits, take and make craft kits, and books by providing pop up curbside pick-up AND being the first and only large system in Texas to open for service – following all CDC guidelines for a safe experience.
- Reallocating budgeted dollars for new books to digital audio and e-book purchases while the Foundation worked to raise more to keep up with record-breaking (33% increase) demand.
- Increasing the number of Mobile Wi-Fi hotspots into circulation to help with the demand for internet access.
- Working with local musicians to produce recordings to bring 3rd Thursday Jazz into your homes.
- Swiftly moving to virtual – with over 450 hours of programming since March the library has some of the most widely used and popular programs such as “The Learn Dream Do Show” for kids, “Stay at Home Book Club” now 400+ and growing nationally, and the only HSE/GED classes available in Spanish.
As the demand for resources and services continues to grow for the libraries; we invite your partnership to provide even more impact by increasing access to wonder, confidence, imagination, connection, curiosity, hope, and joy.