Dear Library Foundation supporter,
What makes a good library great? Without question, it is the support the library receives from its community. This is demonstrated through usage, demand for programming, advocacy, volunteerism, and financial support.
As our community comes back to life, the Foundation would like to invite you to join us in celebrating a few of the many blessings from the first half of 2021.
- Your very own library director, Manya Shorr, was awarded Texas Librarian of the Year!
- LaunchPad – Despite the uncertainty in the world of higher education these days; program director, Dr. Paula Tyler, mentored over 90 seniors from area high schools to navigate the college application process. With acceptances from over forty universities across the country, and some with generous scholarships, including Yale, Rice, UT, Johns Hopkins, Texas A&M, and Baylor these students poised for a bright future! What is more exciting is the demand we are experiencing from LaunchPad alumni. Due to their success, these young adults are returning to use LaunchPad as they apply to graduate, medical, and law school.
- The annual gala, The Cigar Smoker, returned with record-breaking success! “The Smoker” was one of the first events of the season to return. Fort Worthians were joyous and grateful to celebrate together.
- The introduction of a monthly giving program, Dream Builders.
Starting off the year with such success and positive support inspires the Library Foundation to do even more to ensure that adequate financial resources are available for the Library’s programs and services in your community. While the Library Foundation continues to forge our recovery from the pandemic; we look ahead to a promising future.
- This summer, the Foundation embarks on a strategic planning process that will set the direction for a robust and sustainable Library Foundation strongly positioned to support the Fort Worth Libraries and their needs.
- Library summer programing is heating up in Fort Worth! From “Take and Make Kits” to Backyard Game Kits like Bocce Ball and Croquet; locations are responding to the desire for communities to come together again, grow, learn and have new experiences.
- Be on the lookout for our new crowdfunding campaigns that will expand the reach and awareness of library programs. When “you give to the Foundation – you give to the Library”.
- We are partnering with the Library to bring you the Maurice Sendak Exhibit: Where the Wild Things Are. Coming to the Fort Worth Central Library in November 2021.
YOUR libraries are open, expanding, and committed to expressing the soul of Fort Worth. Make your gift today.
Your gift will expand the reach of your libraries’ remarkable community-centric programs and services.
Andrea L Ash, CFRE
President and CEO
PS. It is summer reading season – Join the Summer Reading Challenge today.